Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent usb headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkaloger

Vendor
Oct 25, 2002
US
Hello all,

Has anyone used the Plantronics usb headset with IP agent? If Yes what model Are you using and do you need the usb amplifier? Have you had any issues with it?

Pkaloger

I have used several headsets over time and I always still advise my clients to use the good old fashioned 2 prong mic and speaker headset that plug into your soundcard.

I have several clients, some which use USB headsets (mainly plantronics), some which use the old fashioned type (described above).

We constantly have complaints from our USB customers while our other customers are happy.

The main problems I have found with usb headsets is that the computer seems to lose the settings so you have to keep going through the tuning wizard every time you log in. Also the voice quality on the usb headsets doesnt seem to be as good or as stable as the old fashioned style.

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks

ash

I've had good luck with my wired USB headset (Avaya branded Plantronics).

Haven't used it with IP Office but use it with IP Softphone quite a bit.

SJF

We use a mix of Plantronics PLA-64603-01 Audio 45 Stereo headsets which have been replaced by the DSP400's.

We also use the folding DSP400 Headsets for our traveling folks.

No complaints so far...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

To all,

Thank you for all of the helpful info, has any one used the USB amplifier? Is it necessary?

Pkaloger

pkaloger.

You just need a DSP-400. Should be like $40. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back