Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent problem - forcing agent on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacks

Vendor
Dec 9, 2002
US
An Agent using IP Agent 7 in road warrior mode is having an odd problem

The virtual IP station has a bridged appearance button, they call the "back door" line.

If she is on an ACD call and the back door line bridged appearance rings, she says it puts her ACD call on hold. It does not drop but she has to un-hold it

Strange but true! Any thoughts?

Thanks
Andy

Andy Backs
CBTS

I have a slight correction - it happens when she is on an EXTENSION-OUT call, not an ACD call. I can see it in CMS Agent Trace, but cannot explain it

Andy Backs
CBTS

Isn't this what's supposed to happen? If you're on a call and select another line to make a call, the first call goes on Hold. If trace is showing Extension-Out, it suggests the agent is initiating an outbound call while on an existing call. Hence the ACD call would go on hold?

Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

Or are you thinking someone is making a call from the extension that's been bridged?

She has already established the Extension Out call, then the incoming call on the bridged appearance comes in placing her on hold without any action on her part
Appreciate you looking at it though

Andy Backs
CBTS

Is the station linked to the bridged appearence set to autoanswer? Could that force it through?

Another possibility is a CTI application or OCS RCC treating the station as a single line set. You might try setting 2 call appearances with the last appearance restricted for outbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back