Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaByorg

Technical User
Feb 16, 2011
GB
Hi we are using IP Agent r2 in road warrior mode with CMr9.5. On some machines even though IP agent installs and configures with out problems, every time we try to log in the following error message occurs "sound card failed to initilase". Now, if I uninstall IP agent and install IP softphone I can login and make calls without any problems.

Has any one come across this problem before?

Do a 'display capacity' and see what version of IP Agent you are authorized to use. If the 'Rel' field is bland, you can use any version of IP Agent up to V5. It sounds like it's a PC/application issue.

Kevin

In the disp cap, your right the Rel filed is blank and if i instal v5 it will install/connect no problem, but when trying to make a call it'll eventually time with the error message "your call could not be completed". so near yet so far :(

I thought with r9.5 you could install any version up to 5.

Put a trace up on an agent (list trace station' and have them make an outgoing call. Post the trace here.

Kevin

Hi this is list trace messaging

16:26:08 active station 59100 cid 0x1804
16:26:18 denial event 1643: Off-hook dialing time out D1=0x6113 D2=0x1804
16:26:18 denial station 59100 cid 0x1804
16:26:38 idle station 59100 cid 0x1804

Do you have encryption enabled on your switch? Could that be preventing call intialisation? Not sure if IP Agent r2 supports it, and may be why Softphone is working.
Just a thought.

Hi warcomlee, do u mean on the avaya switch or on data cisco switch?

was referring to the Avaya switch. I "think" it's in the IP-codec set - not in front of a terminal so can't be certain. The other thing in road warrior mode is the LAN speed setting - you need a certain codec for it to work at lower speeds (G729?).

Again, just ideas, and apologies if they lead you away from the fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back