Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Agent Dual Connect Mode US to India???

Status
Not open for further replies.

euskadi

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
US

We're looking to use Avaya IP agent in "Dual Connect" mode to let our agents in India hang off our switch in the states. Before we go too far down this path, I'm looking for direct or anecdotal evidence that someone out there has done this and made it work.

Even if all you have is "my cousin Vinnie says he knows a guy who has it working", that's at least a start. If you know details of how folks have it working (technology used to link the switches, etc) that would be great!

And I know I can do this with agents in Indiana... but we're talking India here, where the investment in technology is considerably higher, and the distance to span is a couple hundred miliseconds further away.

Thank you in advance for your insight! (And your cousin Vinnie too.)

Hi euskadi,
I had seen this configuration working but not with the IP agents, it was with a G3r in US & a Si in India where the agents in India would log on to the G3r in US & get the calls. I haven't seen the IP agents myself but as per Avaya this is also possible & they have recently tested this out in India with one of a new upcoming call centre. Theortically also this should work if you need more information on how can this work, what all is required ion Avaya side etc. I can get you the other details as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back