Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Address Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

peters2018a

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2019
GB
I work for a national public sector organisation with around 6000 staff and 40 sites. We have a simple Active Directory setup, single forest/domain with a trust to another older single forest/domain. We have less than 10,000 computers.

We're looking at replacing our DNS DHCP IP Address Management (DDI) product, VitalQIP with another product. My boss wants one of the heavy hitters such as InfoBlox, BlueCat or Efficient IP. We use DDI for the usual things:

DNS resolution and forwarding, custom domains IPV4 address management (A, CNAME, SRV records)
DHCP scopes and MAC reservations

We don't need any high tech features, so in my opinion, Microsoft DNS and DHCP on Microsoft Server 2012/2016 should be fine, particularly as it's free. Is this a reasonable assumption or are there shortcomings of Ms DDI that I'm missing?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back