Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP address format issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekibel

Technical User
Dec 16, 2008
CA
Good afternoon,

I am working with 3 data providers. Through one of them, I have a measure that has been formatted in the universe to properly display in the report level the IP address of the equipment, called netethernetipaddress.

Now, my user has requested me to allow him to search by IP address, that is, I need to create for him in the condition box the prompt "please enter IP address to search for:".

Because I have 3 data providers, my universe designer created caption dimensions, so I can collect from the UserResponse the IP address being passed. Here is what I colllect:
=UserResponse( DataProvider(<Emg(H1)>) ,"9) Enter IP address:"). The variable I created is called "IP to search for".

Now, I want to compare "IP to search for" with the measure "netethernetipaddress".

Testing my UserResponse results, eventhough at the prompt I entered "172.28.129.178" I am only getting "172.28".

So I am unable to compare netethernetipaddress with "IP to search for".

Does anyone has suggestions how one could format in the report level an IP address entry?

Thank you,
Eduardo.

Check the type of the variable - I suspect is it a number so that it is cutting everything off from the second period to the end. Try changing it to a string.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back