Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Address changes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lplp

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
US
Hello,

I have a Parent site set up with several primary and secondary sites under it, with many clients under those. Each subsite has its own IP address range and subnet.

Recently several of my subsites and associated clients have had IP address changes. Now when I look at the properties tab for these clients, it shows 2 IP addresses; IP Address 0 is the old IP address, and IP Address 1 is the new ip address, and I can no longer remote control these clients. After trying to resolve both IP addresses and contacting remote control agent, the error is "remote control agent not found".

It is also not passing up the hardware and software inventories.

I have changed the IP subnet in the site boundaries and re-discovering these clients but still have the same problem.

When the IP addresses were changed on the clients the servers and workstations were rebooted.

Prior to the IP address changes everything was working fine. I've not been able to find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you ever figure this out? I having a very similar problem.

No influent, I never received a response or resolved this issue. Other things have come up and I haven't been able to work on it.

I ran a modify/reset of one of my secondary sites an am seeing results on some clients so far. My child-primary site hasn't changed IP address as of yet. I plan to reset all sites when all locations have been changed.

I'm having the same problems. We have one primary site, and several secondary sites.. no further child sites, only happens on secondary site though. any additional vlans or address changes on primary site are all ok.

Am trying the re-install on the secondary site server now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back