Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP address 230.0.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1971

Technical User
Nov 12, 2007
US
The CCMS server tries to access 230.0.0.1
Before studying why and for what reason it does this, has someone experienced this as well and could inform me about this.

Help would be more than appreciated.

Just to add some more details as I found useful information within the forum. The only questio here is does someone know why for multicast it is going to 230.0.0.1? Is this really necessary? Can I change this or is an IP address necessary for the multicast option? If someone should have a manual or useful description.. iou big time.

You can change it. We are using 234.0.1.1 for sending, 234.0.1.2 for receiving.

There is a range for the IP address specified in the documentation. As viperen stated, you can change it as along as you stay within the documented range.

The multicast IP address: 230.0.0.1 is the default ip for multicasting that comes with the server setup. If you plan to use multicasting you'll need to get that setup with the appropriate Send and Recieve ip's. As Milesprower stated, you need to have your ip's within the appropriate multicast ip range.

"Don't make changes until you're sure, or you could have some unintended consequences.

One of the interesting Nortelisms: The Server is set to default RSM IP of 230.0.0.1 and the Web Client is set to default IP 234.5.6.1.

A sign of incomplete/poor product management and fragmented engineering teams.

I often wonder if anyone at Nortel actually uses/cares about this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back