Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrIPO

Instructor
Oct 23, 2003
AU
Regarding the Internal Power Supply's on the IP 500, is anybody seeing the boxes blow fuses a lot, or the PS completely dead after a few weeks of working Fine, having to replace either the fuse or the Unit completely.

We have of late seen a few reports of this, just want to get a grasp if this is wide spread, or simple faulty Power supply units on a case by case basis.

ipo.gif

I have had my IP 500 for 6 months and I have no complaints.

ACA - Implement: IP Telephony
ACS - Implement: IP Office

Just about to install our 6th IP500 system

HAd no problems with any unit as of yet although the first unit did give of a burning smell for the first couple of days.

I waited for the unit to pack up but it is still running in our demo suite.

We have had a few units come thru completly dead. Most of the time once they are runnig they seem to be ok.

We had 1 unit that worked fine for about a week or so, then went completely dead. None since though and have quite a few installed.

we have also installed several IPO 500 without power supply problems.

I've had at least 2 that have had utter failures after several weeks installation.

In both cases the PSU fuse was blown and when replaced blew (immediately and catastrophically) indicating a major PSU failure. Both units were repaired by the UK warrantty repairer and are now in service and OK

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

We have had the same as Matt on one system.

On two other systems, the systems operated fine for a couple of days and then started to reboot intermittently but continually. Not programming, the system continued to reboot after defaulting the config.

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Please remember to thank preople for their valuable input.

Add me to the list. I just had one that would not power up after a week of working just fine.

I have had a few power supply issues, yes for sure.

We sent out three control units in a row to one reseller. The first two the psu were arcing, you could see purple sparks inside, the last was fine.

Avaya say no batch issues.

I have had another three or so blow and need replacing.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Without doubt the IP500 power supplies are not up to the high standards we are used to with IP400 power pack reliability.

I've encoutnered multiple units either dead or with arcing.

I haven't had any powersupply's giving in but a burn-in test at the office of several IP500 did really smell like a burn in test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back