Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip 500 busy light question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahrusca

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2013
CA
Hi,
We had a IP 400 system and then upgraded to the Ip 500. One little quirk that users are asking about is the busy light for users when they are on the phone.
A office admin would be able to see when various people are busy on a call or available. Their light would flash busy only when in a call.
On the new system the light is busy even when users are not logged in. Obviously the person can't take the call because they're not logged in so this is why the light is flashing buy. However, on the old system it would only flash busy if they were on a call, and the person wasn't logged in it would stay unlit.

Not really a problem but I was wondering if anyone had any idea about this? If there is any place where these settings can be toyed with?

Thanks.

Are the buttons set to user XXX ?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

When somebody is logged out then it has a steady burning light, not flashing.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi,
Yes the buttons are user specific.
and yes when a user is logged out it is a steady burning light. Is it possible to have no light when a user is logged out. And only have it flash when the user is on a call.

Not possible at all.
Steady light is logged out and flashing is ringing or on a call (there is a difference in flashing speed)
Off is logged in and not ringing or on a call.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back