Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 analogue trunks, phones still rining after caller has hung up? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

plug1

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
GB
Afternoon gents, Ive got a new 500 in a shop thats been there ofr a few months, just had a call telling me that if anyone calls in then the phones will continually ring as if there is an impatient caller until a phone is picked up. In testing this if you dial in and then hangup, the call doesn't clear at the other end. Obviously this is an analogue line issue but Im not sure how to sort it, "disconnect Clear" is on.

Anyone seen this?

yes genrally you need to set your lines to 500/ms on the system and the network needs to be 800m/s , im having the same issue when you riung the network ask what they are set to first , then get them to set to 800m/s ....oh this is for UK.
Also check monitor and SSA , i guess this is going through an AA?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

It is going through an AA, I was just going to add that, is that what causes the problem?

Also what am I setting on the lines and the network to these values? Theres a few options..

The problem is the system is not receiving the correct disconnect signal from the exchange so when it is in the voicemail it does not know that the call has been dissed, hense ghost calls ,the timers are the clear disconnect timer , on the analogue line side on the system and the same seetting and terminology on the lines, always get your sales guys to request this ssetting on the lines at point of sale prior to install or your poor little engineers will be pissed big time.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Brilliant, thanks alot for this, great help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back