Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 analog paging port with Bodgen Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshfitz

Vendor
Aug 3, 2009
US
Trying to program a port on an ip 500 that is connected to a Bogden TAMB2 then to a Bodgen amp. When I set the port to paging port I can not dial the port I get call rejected or some failed message on the LCD. If I program it as a standard telephone it works but 4 out or 5 times when intercoming the port I get ringing instead of going right to intercom, What am I doing wrong?

A TAMB is designed to be connected to a Loop Start or Ground Start Trunk, OR a RINGING analog station port (or Centrex telephone line).

If you use an analog port configured as Standard or IVR, calling the extension number is going to ring once, then the TAMB will answer, and connect the audio on the analog station port to the audio input of the amplifier

An analog station port on an IP Office programmed as a paging port does not ring, it simply has audio or not on it. The TAMB does not have an option for this, so try removing the TAMB from the equation all together. Connect the Tip and Ring of the analog station port to the input of the amplifier, program the analog station port as a paging port, and use a short code for Dial Paging to the extension number of the station port.

OK, I can try that. Is there anyway to use the TAMB and just have to port ring once. Like I said it works every 4 out of 5 times. Is there anyway to get the analog port programmed as a standard telephone to break right to intercom instead of ringing?

Press F1, and you will see
Release 4.0+: When using a UPAM connected to an analog extension port, the extension's Equipment Classification (Extension | Analog) should be set to IVR Port and not Paging Speaker.

Install a line matching transformer between the IPO and the equipment for matching the impedance.

Infotel said:
Install a line matching transformer between the IPO and the equipment for matching the impedance.

This. Leave the TAMB out of the equation as it's unnecessary for how you're trying to interface. A WMT1A is appropriate

In the past we have put in a 600 ohm resistor and that solved the issue for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back