Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 1230 SIP conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabx1121

Programmer
Oct 16, 2013
IE
Hello everyone, Any assistance with regard to this query much appreciated. I am currenly in the process of converting a Nortel 1230 IP phone from Unistim to SIP. I have set up the TFTP server (various) with the nessessary files eg the 1230.cfg file and the bin file for the firmware itself. The phone boots up and seeks to download the 1230.cfg file. On some TFTP's it will say file open error while on others it will say 1230.cfg not found. I have copied the contents of the file from online sites and the following is what is included in it.

[FW]
DOWNLOAD_MODE FORCED
VERSION SIP12x0e04.00.04.00
FILENAME SIP12x0e04.00.04.00.bin
PROTOCOL TFTP
SERVER 192.168.1.2
#SECURITY_MODE 0

The file is created in notebook and saved as the following 1230.cfg

For some reason the phone is unable to either open or access the ontents of the file. Does the file need to be saved in a certain format or does anyone have a cfg file for 1230 which they have used and worked OK. Even tried doing the same process but to upgrade unistim firmware but no joy. the correct TFTP address is configered in phone as it speaks to TFTP server

any help appreciated please

Elaine

Hello Pabx1121

i have just posted a possible solution to this over on the Avaya ip office forum

Pablo100

Good afternoon. I need to block the extensions who do not undertake skill transfer in the service queue lying logged. Standing by. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back