Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOS versions for 3600 routers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverhairb

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2008
US
I'm currently using IOS (C3640-JS-M), v12.3(15), fc3) in my 3640 with 1E2W and 1FE1CT1.

I'd like to try other versions if that's feasible. I don't have an account with Cisco (does that make me a no account user?). How can I get other versions of IOS to try?

TIA,

[the other] Bill

Bill the other,

:) - Glad we have a name now :)

Technically, like any other software you need a current Cisco CCO account to download the IOS from Cisco so you "buy" software from Cisco by having a Smartnet agreement. Sad thing is on most older routers you can not get a Smartnet agreement.

We have also discussed here in the past that Cisco should have a way for people/students who are working on labs (not production routers)to get the different IOS's as well as other Cisco software FOR LAB USE . Hey Cisco MICROSOFT DOES !!!!!

You also might want to Google "IOS Hunter", it is a software that ...... :)

As I said in another post - as you buy more routers, if you do, try and get them with different IOS!!

DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE if you look at older posts you will cleverly find the email address of some of the other posters here that are not posted as an email address but text, some of us exchange email on the outside world. It would also not be impossible to find some of us with Google for outside discussions!

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Burt/King Tim has my email addy. I got busted out of here within the last month for (I think) posting my email addy.

I'll look at IOS hunter. Thanks for the tip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back