Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOS-Update automaticaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

t4orange

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
DE
Hi,

I have to update a lot of Catalyst 35xx. Is there any free tool where I can enter the IP-addresses, passwords, image and TFTP-Serveraddress and the update runs automaticaly???

Thanks

just create an script in notepad and pase it into your terminal session.

I would STRONGLY advise against automating it further rhan that.

Reason, if there is an issue, you will only cause issues to one switch at a time and not kill every thing

Have Fun

If you do want to automate it further (heed the warning above, 1 dead switch is better than 100). There is a freeware tool that you can use to script telnet based commands. It can event log the output so you can go back and look at the results. The tool is called
"Telnet Scripting Tool". It can be found at:

It is pretty easy to use and I have used it to configure SNMP on over 700 cisco devices in about 1.5 hours. The tool was written by a Guy named Albert Yale. His site is gone, but there are several sites sharring his little jewels.

let me know if it helps,
Jay Mosser
jaym@optymgroup.com

You can also purchase CiscoWorks2000 to do this job for you, but that might be a little costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back