Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOLAN+ Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslngr

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
US
Our business partner sold us one of the Perle IOLAN+ servers to connect out S8700 to a serial port on the Microcall PC. The problem we have is it quits working. After a few hours it stopped collecting data and we cannot get it to restart. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go about this? Is there another option than the IOLAN+?

Thanks
Will

Thanks jaymzter. Does anybody have any experience with other Terminal Servers that work with Microcall?

What kind of stats are you getting from the IOLAN? Make sure that the ports are setup correctly(what your Microcall is looking for) and make sure the IOLAN has been setup and all of the info has been saved. It maybe going back to the factory defaults.

It was working for three days just fine. The tech that set it up took the CD that came with it and i have not found a way to get into the IOLAN yet. We called the tech to see if we can get the cd back but he has yet to call us back.

Thanks
Will

Do you have shell access in your PBX? If you do have access, then you can telnet into the IOLAN device. I would try and ping the IOLAN device first to see if you have connectivity. If you do not know the IP address go into your PBX and "disp node-names ip", it should show up as CDR or termserver. Avaya usually sets up the IOLAN without a password, so telnetting into into the IOLAN is a piece of cake.

Excuse my ignorance but what is shell access?

Thanks
Will

Let's not try that just yet. Did you try the command "disp node-name ip"? What did you get?

Shell access gives you direct access to the Linux portion of the PBX. Not something to try if you are not comfortable with it, you could make a mess.

Last week when we were fighting this box i removed it from the equation and used netcat to capture the data to a text document. The only problem is the address the tech programed into the IOLAN is now someone elses PC. And as for the shell access i kind of thought that is what you meant. I do feel very comfortable using linux but i would have to talk to the boss about doing something like that.

Thanks
Will

What IP is the S8700 sending the CDR info to now? That is what you want the terminal servers' IP to be. Changing the IP of the terminal server is not difficult, we just need to know what the S8700 has for the CDR IP.

The PC that is collecting data right know is 10.4.4.242. I unplugged the cable and replugged it into the IOLAN and tried to ping that address to no avail. If my memory serves me right the address the tech manually set in the IOLAN was 10.4.1.50. I tried connecting to it and it will connect but i need a password. I do want to thank you for your help so far.

Will

jaymzter is the pro at this, I use his sight all of the time. He is right that the password is iolan, but look at his sight and the Perle sight for admin commnads once you get in. You can change the IP address so the PBX will see the terminal server.

You know I never saw that on your site jaymzter but I am glad you sent me to it. I finally got in the IOLAN by putting it on my pc instead of the Microcall PC and then following your directions. So i reset everything on it according to your document jaymzter. Still no luck. I tried pinging the address but it comes back as timed out. It seems I may be dealing with a network problem here. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back