Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IOException Error when compiling -

Status
Not open for further replies.

besadii

Programmer
Jun 15, 2000
US
Visit site
I am using IIS 4.0 WebServer on NT 4 Server, and JRun 3.0 at the moment, I tried JRun 2.3.3 build 153 and received compilation errors as well so I grabbed the newest version from allaire.<br><br>From this error I am unsure whether the compilation error is refering to an error within the code; i.e. the syntax for the Calander package, or in my configuration; i.e. missing a directory in my Classpath.<br><br>Any ideas on what this error is reffering to would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks.<br>_______________________________________________________<br><br>500 Internal Server Error<br>/vansales/jsp/start/login.jsp:<br><br>javax.servlet.ServletException: Compilation error occured: <br>&nbsp;Found 2 errors in JSP file:<br>:33: Error: &quot;Calendar&quot; is either a misplaced package name or a non-existent entity.<br>:69: Error: Type IOException was not found.<br><br>allaire.jrun.scripting.DefaultCFE: <br>Errors reported by compiler:E:/JRun/servers/default/default-app/WEB-INF/jsp/jrun__vansales__jsp__start__login2ejsp1d.java:2684:38:2684:45: Error: &quot;Calendar&quot; is either a misplaced package name or a non-existent entity.<br>E:/JRun/servers/default/default-app/WEB-INF/jsp/jrun__vansales__jsp__start__login2ejsp1d.java:2720:32:2720:42: Error: Type IOException was not found.<br><br> at allaire.jrun.scripting.JavaCompilerService.compile(JavaCompilerService.java:122)<br> at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.compilePage(JSPServlet.java:452)<br> at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.createServlet(JSPServlet.java:393)<br> at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.loadPage(JSPServlet.java:201)<br> at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:168)<br> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)<br> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:925)<br> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:88)<br> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)<br> at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)<br> at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(ProxyEndpoint.java:354)<br> at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:267)<br> at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:74)<br>

HI,<br>I think u r using wrong webserver becuase jsp pages need either the jswdk or the tomcat jakarta u can download it from java's side , this webserver translates the jsp page into html for ur browser just as in the case of asp when using with pws or iis.

Since the stack trace has references to classes like allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet I would guess that your server supports JSP. It's fairly likely to be a CLASSPATH problem I'd have thought - try referencing java.io.IOException rather than IOException, and check that any classes you've written yourself are located correctly.

thanks for the replies guys.<br><br>I've been thinking it's the Classpath, since the SnoopServelet and HelloWorld Servlets that come with JRun seem work just fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's as if when compiling it can't find the &quot;calander&quot; package which is in a *.jar file, and the *.jar file directory is in the Classpath - I've even tried referrencing that *.jar file specifically to no avail.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is it possible that I am missing other *.jar files?<br><br>I shall give the java.io.IOException a shot.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back