Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InvReq, EIBRESP=16, filed length not -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryes

Programmer
Sep 14, 2010
US
I receive an AEIP InvReq EIBRESP=16 abend when attempting to redisplay a map. The entered field values persists, and a new error message is on the map in WS. Other flags, etc get set correctly from code. The entered field length changes from x'0009' to x'FFFF' and I am trying to change it to -1 to position the cursor for re-entry at the 1st position of the field. I am sending the map with Cursor and Dataonly. I'm using Enter Traceid (nnn) to try to trap the offending code. I'm using CEDF. What's a 16 and what is best practice for positioning cursor? The app works with lots of other move -1 to length. What kind of error in the map could this be? Maryes

x'FFFF' is -1 stored in 2's complement format. Is it not positioning the cursor to that field?

If not, is it possible that the length of some other field on the map (that occurs before this field) is also set to -1?

Code what you mean,
and mean what you code!
But by all means post your code!

Razalas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back