Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Involuntary forced page break between sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roddy17

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
CA
hi,
It seems like Access 97 forces a page break between the Detail section and Group Footer section of a report.
why is that and is there a way to get rid of it?
I wouldn't use the Group Footer section but the Detail section is not long enough for the data that i need in the report.
In fact, it doesn't seem to matter what two sections i use to hold all of the controls that i need on my report. Right where there is a break between Group Header and Detail, or Detail and Group Footer, there is always a page break forced.
Can i override this somehow? I just want it all to look like a continuous report.
roddy

Just to continue, I have even checked to see that the sections (such as Detail, Group Footer, etc.) on the report have Force New Page set to none. And each of them has a Can Grow and a Can Shrink and i have set those properties to Yes.
I have also set the Keep Together property to No

any ideas?

roddy

Well, somehow i got the report to work so that it prints the controls without a forced page break.
I think that it was the "Keep Together" property and setting it to No.
Problem solved. Report works.
roddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back