Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoking a Powerpoint Presentation from Notes email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve101

Programmer
Mar 29, 2002
AU
I wish to add a button to an email, which when pressed will invoke a Powerpoint presentation, stored on a common drive on the network. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve101,

Begin by clicking on Create/Hotspot/Button. This will do three things: 1. Create a button, 2. Open a Button Properties dialog box, and 3. Open a Button Edit panel at the bottom of your Lotus Notes window.

In the Button Properties you can name your button, select the typeface, style, and color of the text that appears on your button, determine the size of your button, whether the text will wrap, etc. (If you really want to get fancy, you can write code in html that will apply graphics, movement, color, pattern, etc.)

Next, in the right pane of the Button Edit panel at the bottom of your Lotus Notes window you will click on Add Action...

In the Add Action window that appears you will click on @Function Formula in the Action field.

In the Formula field you will type the following:

@Command([Execute]; "C://Program Files//Microsoft Office//Office//Powerpnt.exe"; "H://Pp//travelinglaptop.exe")

"C://Program Files//Microsoft Office//Office//Powerpnt.exe" will be where you substitue the path to your PowerPoint, and "H://Pp//travelinglaptop.exe" will be where you substitute the location of the shared network powerpoint presentation you wish to launch. Note the syntax of this command statement. The semi-colons, quotation marks, double forward slashes, parentheses, and brackets must all be present for this command sequence to work.

Hope this helps you.
MichiganTrotter

Sorry steve that last part should have read:

@Command([Execute]; "C://Program Files//Microsoft Office//Office//Powerpnt.exe"; "H://Pp//travelinglaptop.ppt")

"C://Program Files//Microsoft Office//Office//Powerpnt.exe" will be where you substitue the path to your PowerPoint, and "H://Pp//travelinglaptop.ppt" will be where you substitute the location of the shared network powerpoint presentation you wish to launch. Note the syntax of this command statement. The semi-colons, quotation marks, double forward slashes, parentheses, and brackets must all be present for this command sequence to work.

Sorry about the misdirection.

MichiganTrotter

Many thanks for your help Michigan Trotter. I shall give it a try shortly,

Cheers,
Steve

By the way, if you had been a member (as opposed to a visitor) I would have been able to give you a star,
Cheers,
Steve

Steve101,

I took your suggestion. I'm now a member.

Thanks,
MichiganTrotter "If you make it idiot-proof, mark my words, somebody will make a better idiot."

Well, here's a belated star. Thanks again,
Steve

A star from me as well :)
Nice one, MichiganTrotter!
Cheers,
/R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back