Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoicing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

needavaya

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Here is what the person did..I do not do this role so I can only show the steps:
Problem with GP

I was doing up a Sales Invoice using Transaction – Sales – Transaction entry.
I printed a copy of the invoice. See attached page of the sales/invoice.
I then went to post and an error message came up that stated the distribution was in error.
All of the numbers match so I do not know when the distribution error. I tried to delete and start again, but GP will not let you delete a printed sales/invoice.
After quite a while, I had to hard boot as I could do not other work on the system.
The following message then came up when I tried to open GP again.
“A Payables Management transaction that was interrupted during normal processing has been recovered. Use the Payables Management transaction entry windows to continue processing the transaction.”
I clicked on OK and was able to open GP.
When I now click on Transaction – Sales – Transaction entry I get this message – “Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Microsoft Dynamics GP and log back in to recover transactions.”
This does not work as I cannot get back into the entry.
I am unable to find the Receivables Management Transaction Entry.
Please assist as I need this function.

This can occur sometimes when your type of distribution account does not match what was entered in the Transaction Entry screen. Are your distribution accounts all PURCH type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back