Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoices report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgibbs

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hi

I'm trying to do something reasonably basic - create an invoice report.

There will be several invoices to print at a time, each with a header section containing invoice number, customer address etc, a detail section containing the actual products, prices etc and a footer section containing totals and invoice terms.

My problem is how to make the totals and invoice terms appear at the bottom of the page rather than follwong directly on from the last detail line - ie I want the invoice to fill the page, not be variable length.

I can't use page/header/footer because I don't want the totals and terms to appear on every page.

Also can't use report header/footer because there are several invoices in a run and the footer is once per invoice.

There can also be up to 60 detail lines per invoice, so it can span several pages.

Can this be done with a report or do I have to code it by hand?

Thanks

Mark

I think your first step is to sort this report by Invoice Number...that way you can create a footer for each invoice number and put all the necessary information in there (instead of at the bottom of each page or the end of the report). Not quite sure about how to lock the footer to the bottom of the page...the fixed page size issue I mean, sorry. Hope that helps though.

Kevin

Hi

I'm afraid its already in invoice number order. The problem is getting the invoice footer (group level) at the end of the page and not at the end of the printed data.

Regards

Mark

If a group will never need more than 60 lines, you may be able to adapt this:

"How to Print a Constant Number of Lines Per Group"

MS Knowledge Base Q210350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back