Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice & Recipts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahsia

Programmer
May 15, 2003
SG
Hi,

I have an invoice that is in JPY but my functional currency is USD. However, when i receive payment from my customer, they pay me in USD.

How do i apply the USD amount to JPY invoice in Receipt entry?

And sometimes my customer will pay half in JPY while the other half of the amount in USD. How do i handle this receipt?

Please advice.
Thanks In Advance.

AAS 5.3
MS SQL

HI Hahsia
Depends on what you would like to achieve. I do this all the time.
I'd say you keep to your company policy (in what currency are your final reports prepared?)use whatever source currency you use for your accounts...in this case JPY and then apply the relevant exchange rate to obtain the equivalent in USD eventually in your general ledger. If your source currency is another currency e.g GBP you could use a crystal report to obtain an expression in JPY while applying a source currency of GBP and the relevant Exchange rate to ensure that your functional currency in USD is still available. You must have activated multi-currency for the accounts involved.
Get in touch if you have other troubles or if this doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back