Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invoice Display/Print Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisaif

ISP
Apr 6, 2013
AE
Hi,

I want to print invoice in landscape mode, giving this error.
Please find the attached pics relating to this.

Please guide what's wrong with this.

Thanks

rawinv_dvkjf2.png
runinv_ne2zwa.png

Hi

That message says it all really, the detail band is too tall to fit between the other elements on a landscape page, is one of the fields a memo?

I would temporarily remove the page footer and see it it fits - then put elements back until it doesn't

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

I don't know how you get this interpretation, Griff, as the detail band has one line height only. Note the detail 1band is the partof this screenshot above the ^Detail line and below the ^Page Hader line, not the whole screenshot. It seems to be too wide.

When you design for landscape, that also has to be the page size of your report. It's unclear how you set the Unit for the report, the ruler is not part of the screenshot, maybe you even turned it off.
Whether the reportis too tall or wide is not only evaluated at runtime depending on the printer setting of portrait or landscape, you set the paper size in the report design already. So go into general report properties and click on Page Setup, choose a landscape format (it may be called A$ rotated or letter rotated) and then you can design wide layouts.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf, I got that idea from the error message 'detail band too large to fit on page', it can't be too wide - you don't get an error for that, so it must be too high.

If one of his fields in the detail band is a memo, you can't tell how high the detail will be, so it might well not fit.

Also his page size could be corrupt - or the header and footer might just be taller than his whole page is in landscape orientation.

Have a lovey Christmas...

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Hi alisaif,

Did you check that under Report -> Properties -> Page Layout -> Page Setup the orientation is set to "Landscape"?

hth

MK

Griff said:
it can't be too wide - you don't get an error for that,
I didn't know that. Ok, if that's true then it only is a runtime error? It seemed to me this error happens at design time already.
If a memo is too high, isn't it's content simply split?

Griff said:
Have a lovey Christmas...
I wish you and everyone else taking a peek here at Christmas Day a merry Christmas, too.

Bye, Olaf.

Thanks for the reply!

Did you check that under Report -> Properties -> Page Layout -> Page Setup the orientation is set to "Landscape"?

Yes, it is landscape.

Saif

It is a runtime error - at least I've only seen it at runtime, the report doesn't validate paper / layout until it is run.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Thanks it was a page selection problem. Now it is running perfectly.

Saif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back