Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inviting attendees..

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsky123

Technical User
May 27, 2005
GB
I have in my company, SBS2003 and Exchange2003, and outlook 2003. I create an appointment, and invite my home e-mail address as an attendee.

At home, I am running outlook 2002. I recieve the invitation as a standard e-mail as follows:

Type:Single Meeting
Organizer:Ian Bethell
Start Time:31 May 2005 14:00
End Time:31 May 2005 15:30
Time Zone:(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rep Visit.

But i have no option to accept the meeting so it enters into my calendar.

It DOES however, work when inviting FROM my 2002 account to my 2003 work account.

I have tried everything, setting invitations to rich text in both mail setup and for the recipient.

Is there some setting on the server that needs to be changed?

Any help much appreciated.

Ian.

I only have one thought on the subject. I believe with past versions of Outlook you had to double click the appointment to fully open it to be able to accept, unlike 2003 that allows you to do it from the preview pane.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Cheers Mark, unfortunately this still does not solve the problem. :-(

Sorry. That's all I can think of that might affect this.

Who is your ISP at home? Are they perhaps messing with the format of the incoming message? For instance are you using AOL or Earthlink?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back