Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invisible user accounts in AD after CallManager and Unity installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikev80

MIS
Nov 13, 2003
US
Ever since our vendor installed Unity and CallManager, some user accounts become invisible to Active Directory Users and Computers. All the invisible user accounts show up when you do a find. The users can log in to the network and everything appears to function correctly. Comparing the invisible accounts to the visible ones, I see that "Hide from Exchange Global Address List" is checked. I unchecked the box, it didn't help. I moved the account to a different OU after doing a find, it didn't help. I also disabled and enabled the account, it didn't help. Creating a new account alltogether does show up properly.

any ideas? thanks

are you unchecking the Hide user option from AD or from the Unity user account? This is also an option under the Unity user account. Uncheck it from there and take a look again.
Let us know.

Found that the invisible users had the 'showinadvancedviewonly' attribute set to true.

Our vendor said he didn't hide anyone from the directory or exchange while using the permission wizard...but somehow that attribute got set on these users. I used ADSIedit to change them all back to 'not set'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back