Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invisible text on screen...viewable text when printed...can it be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgfan1606

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have a customer who is converting a lot of word documents to PDF format for distribution across the factory via an intranet. They would like to have the function to be able to have invisible text warning of copyrighted material on their PDFs. The only time anyone would see this is if they printed a document and the words would then appear on the printout, but not while viewing on the screen. Is this possible?

Thanks!!

dawgfan1606(are we talking UW Huskies here?),

One, simplistic way of doing this using Acrobat, would be to use either a text or signature form field containing the copyright notice. In properties you'd set it to Read-Only so the user can't alter it, then set the 'Common Properties'>'Form Field Is:' option to 'Hidden but Printable' so the field is invisible while viewing on the screen, but visible on the print out.

Also, I believe there's a 'watermark' option in Acrobat that can be set to 'Hidden but Printable' as well...

I hope this is useful. 'Well, it's one louder, isn't it?...
What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?...Eleven. Exactly. One louder.'

Excellent!! This is exactly what I was looking for!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back