Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

invisible text in list component

Status
Not open for further replies.

draigGoch

Programmer
Feb 10, 2005
GB
I am using flash cs3, but am programming in actionscript 2.

I'm trying to populate a list from an xml file somewhat unsuccessfully. I have used (nearly) the exact code before and it works perfectly.

My problem is that whilst i am populating the list component using the addItem function, the items become added but the label is not visible, but I can still choose an item from the list.
The label is a variable - which i trace in the code and it traces fine, and have tried to hardcode a variable e.g.

myList.addItem("A",i);

where i is the loop counter (which increments correctly), and the "A" doesn't show up either.

Does anyone have any suggestions (please)?

A computer always does what you tell it to, but rarely does what you want it to.....

Sorry - problem sorted, if anyone else is having trouble with text not displaying in listbox - check to see if the list is in a mc that is being masked!

A computer always does what you tell it to, but rarely does what you want it to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back