Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invisible screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

primerov

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
BG

How can i make the screen of the database invisible during the process?
During the import of the modules, which i have done with the help of Hans from the Forum,and during the
updating,my modules are visible to the viewer and i do no want it. I want a black screen, and nothing to be seen
during the process.I have tried with the command
DoCmd.Echo False, "Visual Basic code is executing."
But it does not help. Is there a more powerful method to make my screen invisible during the whole process?

Just use DoCmd.Echo False, and DoCmd.Echo True whenever the process is done. I would really, really not recommend a completely blank screen. Pop up a form with very strong wording, i.e. "Database is updating -- DO NOT INTERRUPT" or something like that. If the user actually sees something like a black screen, they might just reboot or hit the power button.

So anyway, DoCmd.Echo does in fact work, just start it before you open the windows.

Oh, and use good error handling, i.e. you have to 100% ensure that at the end of the process, you set DoCmd.Echo True -- otherwise, if there's an error message, your users will never see it; instead they will see their application visibly 'hang' forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back