Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invisible records in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnimal

Programmer
May 18, 2002
US
Recently had a problem with Access regarding invisible records. There are 3 linked databses: system, data, and frontend. In the data database there is a table called tempupload. This was used as a "workspace" table. I found one blank record "visible" in this table and wanted to create a method of deleting that record when done. I created a delete query, but when I ran it the first time is gave the warning: "you are about to delete 92 records". I re-oppened the table and again there was only one visible record. When I ran the query again the same message appeared about the 92 records. I tried to view the reocrds but nothing I did allowed me to see these records. When I did delete the 92 records my problem was resolved. Does anyone have any information as to what they were, how they got there and why I could not see them?

Does this table have any defined relations to other tables, and does the relation include "allow cascade deletes"?

Just some thoughts...

Are you sure that the linked tables are properly aligned to the correct back-end DBs?

Are you refreshing the tables or tabledef after the delete?

Could one or more DBs be corrupt?

htwh,

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back