Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inverted org chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasvic

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have a user that is trying to create an organization chart and show how a group reports to four people. Basically it's an invert of the standard org chart where the boss has 4 subordinates. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? The best thing I can figure is manually drawing the lines to represent this, but I'd like to think this would be built in. Didn't anyone at Microsoft ever see Office Space?

Jason

MS makes Visio - which is perfect for this sort of thing. In the absence of Visio, and for such a simple chart, I would just draw text boxes (with a defined outline stroke) and lines connecting the boxes.

If you are going to use Text Boxes ...I'd use Excel rather than Word and I'd suggest using Connectors rather than drawing lines. When you use connectors the connection between boxes remains even when you move the text box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back