Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory status change design...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk10

Technical User
Dec 30, 2010
US
Hello world,

I'm working on a database for a non-profit that loans out donated medical equipment to clients, and I need to figure out a good way to track inventory in stock, in use by a client, discarded, used for parts, etc.

I have a good working donation form through which to first put data into the system, and I've created a table for different inventory status values by itself. My issue is trying to think through how to input new clients into a new client form (I've already started the table and form from it) and associate particular items with them that then changes the status of the donated items to in stock, in use, returned by client after loan period, etc. back in the item input table and form, since I'll be using that table and form to tabulate total donated items and such.

I hope this makes sense, if not, I'll be checking back frequently to clarify any confusion. I'm sure I'm making it more difficult than it should be lol.

How are ya cbk10 . . .

To save having to ask alot of questions for such a db, I suggest you take a screen shot of your [blue]relationships[/blue] window and upload it to 4Shared. Its free and you'll be given an IP address where we can all go to see it. Believe me ... this will save alot of time and alot of guessing. Bear in mind we don't know whats in your head or what your looking at.

[purple]We really do need the big picture on this one.[/purple]

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back