Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellbeach

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2003
Hello everyone !

I have a problem with a win98 workstation, it seems like the inventory process is not working as it should.

If I use consoleone and check the properties for a workstation and look under the tab "ZENworks inventory/Minimal information" I can see info about the workstation and at the bottom of that windows it reports the last scan to be performed june 5:th (today), this is all good.

Now to the problem: If I check the tab "ZENworks inventory/Scan status" I can see these error messages for today:
***START***
Scanner(Warning) : 021: Unable to access the Custom Scan file.

Scanner(Information) : 051: Could not Create Wbem Locator Interface. May be WMI is not installed.

Scanner(Information) : 048: Could not initialize WMI.

Scanner(Information) : 002: Unable to register in to the DMI Service Layer.

Scanner(Information) : 024: Initiated scan successfully.

Scanner(Information) : 009: Software Scan done using Microsoft Installer (MSI).
***END***

And if I open the "inventory query" from the "tools" menu in consoleone and try searching for this specific workstation I can´t find anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back