Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory not updating for BOM Components in Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcmerlin

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
US
We have a BOM set up for a kit (Item A). This kit has 2 components (Item B and Item C). We have Item A set up a non-stocked but controlled.

We create a sales/work order for Item A which will create a pick list to pull Items B and C to ship.

When we process the Invoice, the Inventory Quantity for Item A is updated with respect to the sales order, but the inventory quantities for Items B and C are not updated. What are we doing wrong and how can we fix it so that the inventory status of The "component" items are updated along with the Kit?

First things first. A Kit item (end item code = K in Macola item maintenance) cannot have a BOM - they are mutually exclusive. So what are we dealing with? A kit, or a BOM?

Creating a POP or Shop order does not relieve the qty on hand of the components. What are you using? POP or SFC? Are you releasing the order? Are you reporting production?

So let's clear some of these questions up and we'll try to go from here.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I don't know what an end item code is.

Even though we view it as a kit, from a Macola standpoint it is a BOM.

I figured out what the issue was. In Item Master I had the Material Mfg. set to PP (Process order processing) which generally for BOMs is the correct setting since a work order will take care of the inventory. But since this item is a kit (a collection of Final Assemblies) pulled and shipped together the proper setting should be OE (Order Entry).

End Item code is on the second page of the item master. It is either K-Kit, F-Feature/Option or blank.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back