Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INVENTORY MAINTENANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPCO

Technical User
Mar 18, 2002
US
How can I put in Lot Numbers for Raw material that is already in the inventory?

You need to receive that lot number into inventory.. You can do it one of two ways:

First, make sure the Costing method for this inventory item is set to "Lot" (Main folder-tab of I/M Maintenance).

(1) Inventory Transaction Data Entry (I/M main menu). Select receipt-type transaction. When finished entering the lot #'s, their quantities and costs, run the I/M Transaction Journal (sometimes referred to as a register) and choose Yes to update.

(2) Purchase Order Data Entry / Receipt of Goods Data Entry. If you have the P/O module you can enter a purchase order for the item. You can then go to Receipt of Goods Data Entry and enter a receipt of goods against the original purchase order. In Receipt of Goods entry, at the line level, when you enter a quantity for an item that has a costing method of "Lot/Serial" and hit the Ok button, it will popup a distribution window where you can enter each lot # and corresponding quantity. Run the Receipt of Goods Register and click Yes to update to complete the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back