Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inventory List error

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbola

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
CA
I ran checklinks on Financials then Sales, Purchasing and finally Inventory.
Now when users try opening the Inventory Items List, they get the following error:

[Microsot][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot isert the value NULL into column 'BASEUOFM', table 'tempdb.dbo.##0062828", column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

The table number is different each time. I ran Inventory reconcile over night (takes several hours to run, and it did not fix the issue.

I'm just guessing but this seems logical.

The reason for the table number being different every time, is because GP is creating temporary tables with unique numbers.

There is a NULL field somewhere in relation to the items that shouldn't be - it is NOT a BASEUOFM column as that column only shows up in the following tables (all of which are defined as 'not null' - found by querying INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS):
IV10401
PA40101
IV30701
SOP50400
IV40201
SOP50401

This field (whatever it is) is being used to populate this temp table and cannot insert this null value.

I'm not easily seeing a window with the name "Inventory Items List" - which window is this, and from which series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back