Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INVENTORY DATABASE COUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrdaver

Technical User
Jul 15, 2009
US
I am working on an inventory database to track medical equipment for patients. I started with the template included with the filemaker downloads and modified it. One thing about the provided database template though is that it doesn't actually count your inventory. You must do it yourself and then input that number as the item total.

I want it to count and give me a total for each item number, but we also input serial numbers for these high-price items. So I am also needing to be able to have it look at the serial number and count unigue sn's for that item number. I also want to be able to verify serial number so that the same sn doesn't get input again for a specified item number.

Then too, I have a radio button set for sold, loaned and returned. A sold or loaned item would NOT be IN inventory. I need it to count IN inventory items and give a sub-count of RETURNED items per item number or else separate counts for each. I hope I've explained that so its understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back