Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INVENTORY BALANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSROS

Technical User
Apr 18, 2004
CA
Hi,

i have an inventory program in access,

i want a report that show balance only for items in stock, but the formula i did is this: =Sum(nz([UnitsReceived])-nz([UnitsSold])-nz([UnitsShrinkage])) but i notice when i print the report that what it gives me is the in and out transcations so for example toilet paper 6 in 3 out so it minus and give 3 balance but it does not add to the previous balance.

how may i get the real balance by products?

thank you

You need to pull the previous balance from somewhere.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

thank you,

how do i do that?

on units on hand in the product form, to get the balance this is the formula: =Sum(nz([UnitsReceived])-nz([UnitsShrinkage])-nz([UnitsSold]))

thank you

I would expect that you could get a previous balance with a query like:
Code:
SELECT ItemID, Sum(nz([UnitsReceived],0)-nz([UnitsShrinkage],0)-nz([UnitsSold],0)) As Balance
FROM tblNoNameGiven
WHERE TransDateField<[Some Date Value]
GROUP BY ItemID;
This is only a WAG since we have very little information about your table structures and data.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back