Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalidation of REl

Status
Not open for further replies.

73vette

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
Can anyone please post instructions for fixing an invalid REL?

We have a system that shows REL2 20MAR05 and REL1 18DEC02.

How can I get a proper dump on REL2?

Thanks and Regards

normally when you do DUSYI it takes first rel1 the second time you do it takes rel2 and so on, what is the output
of DUBDP ? does it say "invalid" under REL2 ?
is the disc connected to a NIU or IPU ?

you will probably find the commands are at level 7 to fix this but ill give u them anyway
ioddp to give equ of ipu
bleqi:equ= for the equ you need to block port 0 ie if ipu in 1-0-23-00 equ would be 1-0-23-00
fimoe:subfs=syssubfs21;
ficri:subfs=syssubfs21;
fimoi:subfs=syssubfs21;
bleqe:equ= equ of ipu card
dusyi;
this will then dump all progs units then the data for each lim
dubdp; should show both rels and dates

i seem to overread something the date of the dump is 20mar05 so it will be never overwritten because the date is invalid, the only solution is to create an new rel1 and rel2 with FIMOI i suppose

Thank you, I will try Shaun123's suggestion. By doing this will this invalidate REL1 and REL2? And I assume I will need to do 2 DUSYI's?

Or.... change the date and time to a date beyond 20MAR05... then do a DUSYI?

CATII:DATE=2005-12-19;

How would you get both REL's back to a correct date if you dumped 2 incorrect dates?

If You want to dump on a particular REL,
the easiest way is to kill it's date file
before the dump.

If You want to dump on REL2:
fidie:path=/sysn/usr2/ses/dr/rel2/date;
y;

If You want to dump on REL1:
fidie:path=/sysn/usr1/ses/dr/rel1/date;
y;

Use that command with caution, otherwise
You may end up in the dog house...

/rezal

Which way is safer to do?

this procedure;

fimoe:subfs=syssubfs21;
ficri:subfs=syssubfs21;
fimoi:subfs=syssubfs21;

or to do this proceudre;

If You want to dump on REL2:
fidie:path=/sysn/usr2/ses/dr/rel2/date;
y;

If You want to dump on REL1:
fidie:path=/sysn/usr1/ses/dr/rel1/date;
y;

Thanks

i would say the best way is to do the commands from my earier ans as this will create an empty rel 2 for you you will only need to dusyi once as your only ending rel 2 let me know how u get on

I think the best way for u is to Block the IPU end the file mountings and formatt by FICRI and dump on a clean disk twice will take longer though but its safe.
BR
ecptfa
BLEQI:EQU=1-0-XX-00;
IOSIE:NODE=SYSN,IODEV=SYSDISK1;
FIMOE:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11;
FIMOE:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS21;
FICRI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11,SIZE=XX;
FICRI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS21,SIZE=XX;
FIMOI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11;
FIMOI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS21;
IOSII:NODE=SYSN,IODEV=SYSDISKX,SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11&SYSSUBFS21,SIPOS=X;
BLEQE:EQU=1-0-XX-00,ALLFM=YES;
You can use this procedure if u are using BC 9 its the same for BC 11 as well I guess but maybe something different for NIU. The X values u will have to check in ur systems.
You can use these cammands

When You start a dump one of the first things that happens is the the system erases the date file. It then performs the dump and after check reading with an ok result it creates a new date file.

A REL volume that doesn't have a date file is considered invalid. An invalid volume is selected as dump target before a valid volume, no matter what the date is.

If Your dump fails You will find that You dont have a date file for this particular volume. You can actually make this volume usable by copying a datefile from another volume. If Your system is down and You find Youself without valid backup this little trick may save You, it all depends what went wrong with the dump.

No need to reformat the entire subfile system.

/rezal

To 73vette,

If you want to unable a dump on the HDU use:

FICAC:pATH=/SYSN/USRx/SES/DR/RELx,FCAT=GROUP,ACC=N;

For USRx and RELx, state the proper value.

It will stae dump not valid and at the next dump this one will be overwritten. If you've choosen the wrong REL you can undo this with:

FICAC:pATH=/SYSN/USRx/SES/DR/RELx,FCAT=GROUP,ACC=R&X;

MDUSER.

If you were installing a new hard disk in a system that has a seperate disk for REL1 and REL2. How would you determine the SIZE for the FICRI command?

size for FICRI as 60MB is ok for a system having approx 20 LIMs but it entirely depends on your system data. If the REL vol. starts getting FULL you get an alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back