Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid value for ... in a poplist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleiman

Programmer
May 3, 2006
US
Hi Everyone,

I am using Oracle Forms 4.5 and get an "Invalid Value for ..." error when the form does a execute query command. I checked the properties and all seems ok but I think there may be something I am missing. The elements in the list has only one entry called NONE. The "Others" property is also set to the value NONE to match the list element if any other value is feed into the poplist. After the execute query is issued I populate the poplist by hand and after the error I look at the values of the poplist and it is really populated. I even did a query in TOAD to make sure the query to populate the poplist is correct.

Do you know why I get the error and how to stop the error?

Thanks in advance.

Emad-ud-deen Richard Leiman

Does the format of the pop-list item match the format of the block item it is assigned to?

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
My website: Emu Products Plus

Hi BJ,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the poplist (a non base table item) and block item (a base table item) are text items 10 characters in length.

The block item is being populated through a "When-validate-item" trigger.

Truly,
Emad

What values does the When-validate-item trigger put in your block item?

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
My website: Emu Products Plus

Hi BJ,

We found the problem. It was in that trigger. We had put in a value that was not in the original part that had populated the poplist at the beginning of the program.

Thanks for taking time of reading our posting.

Truly,
Emad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back