Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

invalid Tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommytelco

Programmer
Dec 21, 2017
US
I am new to the cs1000 world and i was wondering if anybody new how to get a new ip tn on line with out going through the midnight run. My tn comes up invalid reason Unequipped. But when i come in in he morning it will be work.

thanks
Tommytelco

Your IP phone should be on line the whole time unless someone unpluggs it or your Network is disconnected overnight. Are other phones affected and have you compared the settings on the affected phone with a working one?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Ok. So what I am thinking here is you have an SMG / Core set up. You have a main location and a SMG (Survivable Media Gateway). This is why your phone works after midnights. During midnights the system performs a datadump and backup to the SMG. This sends the database from the Core to the SMG, the SMG then receives the database and reboots and puts the new database, with our new TN, in that system.

The way it works.

IP phone boots up and gets all config data via DHCP setup.
IP phone gets S1 and S2 IP addresses (S1/S2 are ip addresses for your systems)
IP phone tries to register to S1 (which is SMG) then if it cannot get there, goes to S2 (which may be your Core)

I think this will eventually time out, unless your S1 and S2 are both the SMG.

To activate a new TN in the middle of the day:

I guess it would depend on how your core is configured.

Go to LD 117
=>prt bkpr

=> prt bkpr
Number of Backup Rules defined = 1
----------------------------------------------------

NN Dest Parameters N-of-vers Name

1 SCS 10.10.10.10 2 SMG_BACKUP

It may look like something like this. The IP is the IP of the SMG

THEN DO THIS :
=> prt grdrc
GRDRC Geographic Redundancy Data Base Replication Control

Rule for backup on Primary CS = 1
ABKUP = SCHD <-----THIS SAYS YOUR BACKUP TO THE SMG IS SCHEDULED AND NOT AUTO AFTER EDD
Rule for restore on Secondary CS = 1
ARSR = YES
ASYSLD = YES

So to activate a new TN you need to send the phone over to the SMG, because that is where the phone registers first.

LD 43
.EDD <-- Perform EDD to save all your changes
.BKR 1 <-- Perform backup to rule 1, or whatever your primary SMG is

Then log into the SMG Call Server and check this in LD 135

>ld 135
CCED000
.stat gr
Geographic Redundancy Status
----------------------------
Secondary Call Server
Automatic Replication Restore defined: YES
Automatic Sysload defined: YES
Last Backup arrived from Primary CS at: 03:12 on 01 24, 2018 <-- THIS WILL SHOW WHEN THE BACKUP ARRIVED.
Last Successful Replication Restore
mode: Automatic
Backup Rule number: 1
performed at: 03:30 on 01 24, 2018
of backup data received at: 03:12 on 01 24, 2018
Last Sysload for restored data endorsement
Successful
performed at: 03:30 on 01 24, 2018
Internet phones registered locally: 0
Media Gateways registered locally: 0
Geographic Redundancy status: Secondary CS Inactive

Then log out of the system, and it should start the restore process from the received backup. If it does not auto sysload, go to LD 135

.sysload active
<blah blah blah, you sure you want to do this? > Yes/No (type YES)
then the system will sysload and when done, your phone should register.

Hope this freeflow helps.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

John
So if i do the backup in the middle of the day will it effect other service with the phone system IE cut people off reboot phone and so on.

The SMG will reboot after the database is replicated

I should have said the SMG will reboot after database replication depending on how you configure it in EM

no, this is not impacting to any of the working phones. What you are doing is updating the SMG, where the phones hit first. As KCFLHRC states, only the SMG reboots to activate the new database. There will be no impact.

The other way you can do this, is just build the phone in the SMG as well. Then the phone will work, and when the DB is updated nightly, it will update as well. Either way will work.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

If it all works after midnight routines, then simply issuing the EDD command will do what you want. As long as there are no LOCAL services connected to the SMG or Branch Office, then no loss of facility will occur... HOWEVER if you have inbound or outbound trunk services or analog/digital devices connected to the SMG or Branch Office,,, you will get active call disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back