Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Seek Address error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete56

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
US
When I am running a report, if my date range selection includes a lot of records (50,000), I get an Invalid Seek Address. This happens with SQL Databases as well as .dbf files. I use an ODBC driver to access them both; the sql driver and the Microsoft Visual Foxpro driver. With the .dbf file I do not have an index. I am using Crystal 10. It appears to be creating a record set as I see my disk space being used up and then crashes with this error. I'm wondering if it is reaching a limit to some data set size or something.

Any ideas?

Pete

By SQL driver you mean SQL Server?

The problem is likely temp file related, so make sure that you've adequate free space on the machine.

50k rows isn't that big, although I find it unlikely that anyone needs a report of 50k rows, so it's likely that the report is summarizing this data and so shouldn't be pulling all 50k, rather a summary of them.

Here's a whitepaper referencing the problem under CR 9:

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back