Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Page Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonWallace

Technical User
Feb 23, 2001
GB
Hi all,
Using IE5.5 on Win98. When I start to type into (say) a search box, IE reports an IVP and just closes down. I stay connected and can open IE again and it seems ok. It has been suggested that this is due to a corrupt autocomplete entry. Anyone know how to find and kill it. Or any other suggestions??

Jon

Go into your control panel and into internet options, then go into the advanced tab and find "inline AutoComplete" and deselect that. I think thats how you get rid of autocomplete.

Peace Ladin
matchu_14@hotmail.com

Build computers, C++, Tech support for 1 1/2 years, Web Development using MySQL, MINTI, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Homesite, and of course, HTML.

Thanks ladin,

I've tried that to no avail. Doing a complete clean-up, that is deleting all of the autocomplete entries that I can find (by starting to type into a field, then down-cursor and delete on every entry) then turning off every option relating to autocomplete that I can find seems to have helped a lot. Still bombs me out occasionally (usually when I've finally reached the site that I searched desperately for...B-( ) but I suppose I can live with that. I caould always switch to opera I suppose...

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back