Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid or Nonexistent document

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensenaw

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
SG
Hi,

I got a user that has this error message after he pressed F9 to permanently delete an email. He is using notes 4.6. He never faces this problem before.

Any kind souls out there to help? Would appreciate it.

Not sure that it applies, but I've seen that error in case where user was using an html file for signature, decided to move the html file to different directory - didn't rebrowse to new location in Notes (setting up signature) and as a result he would get that error whenever he pressed F9.
(Hope that helps)

I know this problem if an open document is deleted. (e.g. if the document is open in the preview pane)

Ole

I also have a user who gets this message when she selects Tools/Preferences. This is in 5.0.11.

Any fixes out there?

Compactek, look at the answer Shelbyville has given: this user might be using the option to use html as signature without specifying a valid file.

Kind regards,

Dominik Malfait
dominik@amazingit.com

Thanks for the post, but we are still stuck.

Just to clarify the problem my user is experiencing. We are stopped by the 'Invalid or Nonexistent Document' message as soon as 'Preferences' is selected. How can I browse for the missing file, when I can't open the 'Preferences' application.

Hmm.. Compactek maybe replace the design of this users mailbox with the standard template.

In your case probably the configuration profile document has gone or is corrupted in some way.

This might fix it!

Kind regards,

Dominik Malfait
dominik@amazingit.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back