Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid file to complete this action! Day:wk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyline151

Technical User
May 29, 2008
US
I have been successfully using Sidekick98 with the patch on 64-bit Windows 7 for several years. A couple of months ago I started getting a message "Invalid file to complete this action!" when I tried to type or copy text on the To Do section for a future date. If I tried to move to another date and enter data, I would get the message "Invalid file to complete this action! Day:wk"

I've read this forum for a solution and since I have the patch installed and do not have a problem with open To Do items forwarding, I'm not sure what to do. I have saved the Calendar under the save as command, but the new file also has the same error message.

I reinstalled Sidekick98 and the patch and that did not result in a solution either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dear Skyline151

Haven't heard of that happening before, have you tried switching off running programs one at a time and trying those actions each time.

Regards
Jim

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Jim,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried switching off programs one at a time and tried working in Safe Mode. I finally figured out I needed to go into msconfig and disable programs in Services and Startup. I "think" I have isolated the culprit program. I added a Western Digital MyCloud drive a few months ago. Disabling continuous backup "appears" to allow SideKick98 to work once again. It's worked for almost 24 hours. If I find this doesn't work, I'll post another update if I find a solution.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can disable SideKick from backing up to the MyCloud so all of my other files backup continuously ... but that is another problem to solve on another day.

Thanks for your attention to my problem,

Jeanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back