Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid file signature: 0x00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspope

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
Just wondering if anybody's come across this.

I performed an offline backup of my exchange 5.5 server via the NT Client Agent and did a checksum verification of the tapes.

If I select just priv.edb for restore I get the error Invalid file signature: 0x00000000.

However, If I select the entire exchsrvr tree, the restore runs. - I've yet to see if will complete -

I'm wondering if it might be the file size - 107Gb.

ARCserve 2000 sp4, Win2kpro sp3.

update: I've noticed that, even though the file is 107GB and it restores properly (When the whole tree is selected), the ARCserve restore manager reports the file as being 524Mb?!?

Any thoughts?

What is the version of the Exchange agent?

None, this was an offline backup. All exchange services were shutdown and the ARCserve 2000 client for NT/2000 service pack 4 was used to backup everything. The same Agent is used on the recovery PC for the restore. So my concern here is really to do with very large files.

PS. The restore completed - but I had to install Windows 2000 SP2 because NT 4.0 kept running out of system resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back