Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Extn & console lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMcauber

Technical User
May 6, 2007
GB
Hi everyone,

sorry to pile straight in with requests for help, but have just inherited an ISDX with limited (i.e. non exisitant) documentation on system setup and so on, and I have a few problems.....

First one, is that there is a designated 4 digit number - say 8888 - which acts as an emergency number. I want to change this to 888 to match what the company uses elsewhere. However, there is no actual extension number 8888 (i.e. LEX 8888 gives an INVALID EXTN response) so i guess this has been setup some other way, i cant see any obvious way this has been done, any one have some clues to get me looking in the right direction? an see it as a short code or speeddial either....

Next one, one of the consoles has sonme lights permanently lit on it that were not on before - is there an easy way of resetting a console, can you unplug and reconnect as a kind of reset without causing major problems?

Im more of a Mitel and panasonic person to eb honest and this ISDX at the moment does not seem very intuitive.

Cheers
G Mcauber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back