Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Datawindow row/column specified at line xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinac99

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm currently using Powerbuilder 10.5. And for some reason, this error pops up when I'm in debug mode but does not pop up when I'm just running the apps:

Invalid Datawindow row/column specified at line 59 in open event of object etc...

Is there a way I can catch this error even when I'm in the executable mode? I remember it used to be this way when I was working with Powerbuilder 7.

Thanks,

Tina

I've never had this issue, except when I've tried to retrieve data from the zero or negative or > dw.RowCount() row. OR when I've either specified a column number more than Long( dw.Object.DataWindow.Column.Count ) or when using an incorrect column name.

Are you running the apps from PowerBuilder, or are you running built executables?

mybe you should consider some of these cases:

are you running the app in normal and debugmode on the same machine / user account ? mybe depending on that some registry entries ed. for database settings may differ. and therefor not connecting to the same database?

do you work with the same dataobject in debug and normal mode? than the error my be in diffrences in dataobject.

do you access the datawindow -row -column hardcoded dw.SetItem( 1, "column",...) or with variables dw.SetItem( ll_row, ls_column_name", ...)? Than it might be that the contents of these variables may not be the same.

a good practice to see diffrences in datawindows rowcount() and content is to do a dw.Saveas(...,text!) before the error line and than run the app in debug and normal mode.

I'm running the apps from Powerbuilder. But the behavior is the same even if I'm in exe mode.

Bernds,
I've connected to 2 different databases and the error is the same.
This error occured in more than 1 dataobject.

Hi!

Have you set any watches in debug mode? I remember having similar problem when I set a watch like myArray[10] and then even when my array was not initialized on my breakpoint (or had less than 10 elements) in debug mode I had 10 (or 10 - number of initialized elements in myArray) null values in myArray.

Maybe this is your case.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back