Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid cursor position; no keyset defined in V8.7 Server edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hart0012

Technical User
Aug 24, 2003
NL
Hi,
I could not find any usefull info on the Pervasive website so here is my question to you:

A customers application is working fine with v8.7 (using the transactional)
A (new) second application (using relational) gives the following error.
ERROR [HY000] [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager][SPEng][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface]Invalid cursor position; no keyset defined.

The supplier of Application 2 tells me that this is a known bug in V8.7 and instructs me to either downgrade to v8.5 or upgrade to V9.x

Have any of you got an idea for a work around?
If not, would you suggest an uninstall of v8.7 before installing v8.5 or just install v8.5 over v8.7?

Any help is really appreciated!
Kind regards,

Peter 't Hart
peter.t.hart(a)hiss.nl

A few questions and a few comments.
First, the questions:
- What exactly is the new application doing when the error occurs?
- Why does the supplier say it's a known bug in v8.7? Do they have a Pervasive bug number?

Now, the comments:
- I would not use v8.x at all. It's unsupported by Pervasive. The current version is now v10. V9.5 is still supported.
- If you really need to stay on v8, I would suggest the following steps.
1. Uninstall V8.7.
2. Run PSA and Delete components.
3. Reboot.
4. Install V8.5.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Hi Mirtheil,

First, thanks for your reply

-When the error occurs, the application continues without having the choice to first select a client from the database.
-The supplier just informed me that it was a known bug. I did not ask for a bug number.

The supplier did not test with v10 and therefore will not support us when using v10. If I have to purchase a new version, instead of purchasing v9.5, I rather wait until they finished testing v10 and buy that version.

But to have the application working I must do something, so that's why I want to downgrade to v8.5 Is this real stupid or given the circumstances a reasonable solution?

Thanks,
Peter

If you need to get up an running, downgrading to 8.5 is an option.

I'd still be curious to know what the application is doing in terms of Pervasive when the error occurs (what kind of SQL statement). It might help find out what the bug was and if there is a workaround. Usually workarounds involve changes to the application code. Because this is a third party application, they may not be willing/able to make changes.
Also, v8.7 isn't a new version. I'm surprised to see that the application hasn't worked around the problem themselves.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Just an option you say and not a reasonable solution.

I'm also curious, but indeed, no explenation what so ever from the supplier.

I just ordered v9 (not v10) because the supplier did not test yet with v10.

Anyway, thanks for helping me decide!
Peter 't Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back