Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Command : 80 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StamaMan

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
GB
Hi can anybody help me? I have just loaded sco 5.0.5 on a new hard disk, restored data accounts etc. Everything is working correctly except on the console screen in shell or at the login prompt I am getting multiple "Invalid Command : 80 Invalid Command : 71 Invalid Command : 80 and so on for about 10 lines. Does any body Know what causes this? How to stop it?
Any help much appreciated

Stamaman

Most likely your login script is executing programs that were either not installed on the new hard drive, or are not in the system command path so it the script is unable to find them. You need to look at the login script and resolve whatever is causing it to not find the programs.

apeasecpc

Thanks for the advice, sounds like this could be the cause. Could you help me identify the login script? I am not using the graphical scologin just command line.

Thanks again

Stamaman

if it is on the console PRIOR to your logining in then it is not in the login script. possible something in the /etc/inittab file... do the same messages exist in /usr/adm/syslog or /usr/adm/messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back